NATIONAL-LEVEL COMMUNITY ROLES
- President and Chair of the Board of Directors, Captain Nichola Goddard Foundation, Charlottetown
- Past Chair and Member of the Board of Directors, Community Assets For Education (CAFÉ) Institute, 2007 – present.
This is an Alberta-based Not-For-Profit organization established to deliver community-based education development programs.
- Honorary Chairperson, Adopt Afghanistan, 2006-2007.
I was invited to be the founding Honorary Chair of this Saskatchewan-based independently-organized fundraising initiative with the goal of improving education and healthcare for the people of Afghanistan, with a special emphasis on the children.
- Member, Advisory Board, Islamic History Month Canada, 2007 – 2009.
IHMC is an Ottawa based project (Honorary Chair: Senator Mobina Jaffer) conceived and coordinated by the Canadian Islamic Congress.
- Member, 2010, Selection Committee tasked with hiring a new Superintendent of Education, Western School Board, Summerside, Prince Edward Island.
- Member of Vestry, 2009 – 2013, St. Peter’s Cathedral, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.
- Church Warden, 1997-1999, St. Peter’s Church, Antigonish, Nova Scotia.
- Member, Mentoring Project Steering Committee, Chinook’s Edge School Division, 2000-2001
- Research Mentor, Ms. Penny Ritson, Carlisle, England (2001)
- Faculty representative, Invitational Symposium on A Place Called High School, Edmonton, Alberta (1999)
Previous: PUBLICATIONS (PRE-2010)
Next: UNIVERSITY SERVICE
Back to: PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES