2012 – 2016: Project Director, Teacher Certification and Accreditation of Teacher Training Institutions in Afghanistan Project
Responsible for all aspects of the leadership and management of this CAD$10.5 million project funded by the Government of Canada. In addition to normal issues related to fiscal, human resource and program management, this work also entailed constant awareness and analysis of the security situation within Afghanistan and globally. The goal of the project, in partnership with the Teacher Education Directorate of the Ministry of Education (MOE), was to establish appropriate systems for the certification of teachers and the accreditation of teacher training institutions in Afghanistan. In parallel, it was expected that the project would build the capacity of the MOE and other partners to effectively manage, maintain and improve established systems and structures so as to facilitate the development of processes leading to teacher certification and the accreditation of the teacher training colleges. The project intended to provide Canadian value-added that would foster a long-term institutional partnership between Canadian institutions and the MOE teacher training institutions and other appropriate partners in Afghanistan.
- Co-wrote the competitive project proposal which was accepted and funded by the Government of Canada
- Led the writing team responsible for the Project Implementation Plan
- Negotiated annual work plans and budgets with the Government of Canada and the Ministry of Education
- Participated in the recruitment of the team of Technical Experts
- Negotiated partnerships with three Teacher Training Colleges
- Managed on-time and on-budget delivery of project activities
- Responsible for all aspects of the leadership and management of this CAD$10.5 million project funded by the Government of Canada and implemented by World University Service of Canada (WUSC).